Wednesday 12 January 2011

External Article: Why is service still so bad in the UK

I found this article on the BBC News website. Although it is not an article that I have written, it is now one that I no longer have to write. This discusses the effect of the class system on service in this country. It is something I see time and time again. Having worked in restaurants as well as high end fashion retail (where it is very customer service driven), I am aware of how positive the response to good service is. Here in Britain, we want good service, we love good service, but we don't know how to ask for it, or raise the issue when it is not present.


Please read: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12123463


This article relates to the television series, Michel Roux's 'service', which begins tonight on BBC2 at 8pm GMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment